Judy

Judy
Welcome to Recipes For Judys' Foodies

Golden Butter Cake with Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting

6 egg yolks
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 Tablespoons butter
3 cup flour

Mix yolks, 1/4 cup of the milk & vanilla. Put all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat in butter till like crumbs. Beat in remaining milk. Now slowly beat in egg yolk mixture. Beat till smooth. Pour into a greased & floured 9x13 pan & bake 350 degrees 25 -35 minutes. Poke holes in cake with an object about the diameter of a drinking straw. Pour Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting over warm cake. Smooth for an even finish.

Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag marshmallows
1teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
1/2 to 1 cup of light cream
2 cups powdered sugar
Microwave chocolate chips on 50% power till melted about 2 minutes. Stir 1/2 thru and again when melted to smooth. Add marshmallows & microwave full power till melted about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir till smooth. Now beat in cream & sugar till texture is frosting consistency. Add more or less as you prefer. Frost warm cake. Frosting will pool down in holes and smooth over the top. Delicious!



 

Sunday, December 18, 2011

todays Endevours in the kitchen ...

                                                                          



                                                                          
Today I mixed up a batch of PUFFY Homemade Marshmallows ! Perfect, huge, soft pillows of sweet, soft squares of marshmallow goodness! I made these with white powder sugar on the outside of 1/2 of them. The other 1/2 I coated them with red sanding sugar on 1/4 then green sanding sugar on the other 1/4 batch. I used one 9x13 pan & buttered the pan then powdered sugar 1/2 the pan & sanding sugars on the other 1/2. Once the marshmallow was done I coated the tops as I did the pan. How pretty to display for Christmas , the kiddies will be AMAZED at these candies. The sanding sugar makes the marshmallow taste just like the marshmallow peeps that are so popular at holidays.My Grandpa each Christmas made a HUGE pan of marshmallow then cut them into tiny squares so each grandkid would have some at Christmastime. He always pulled my aside and told me he made these special JUST FOR ME ! I looked forward to my Christmas marshmallows every year. Just a few years ago we grandkids were talking about Grandma & Grandpa & my cousin reminded us of Grandpas marshmallows. He let it slip that Grandpa made them , JUST FOR HIM. We all started laughing because we had ALL been told this but never found out until now. Grandpa with his 60 + grandkids found a way to make each of us feel special with just one batch of marshmallow candy! So in remembrance of my Grandpa & Christmas long past I make these to continue the tradition he began all those years ago. That reason & because they taste so SPECIAL ! This recipe is on this Blog. May you whip up a batch for your holidays for an extra special treat !Once the new batch has dried overnight & cut into squares I will post the new colorful marshmallows. But the snow white marshmallows are very pretty too !                                            

I also made a batch of my Date Pinwheel Cookies. These must chill overnight before baking so I will post the results tomorrow. Just a hint these have very different ingredient from the usual Date Pinwheels that you might find elsewhere. Check back to see these delicious and pretty cookies !

No comments:

Post a Comment