Judy

Judy
Welcome to Recipes For Judys' Foodies

Golden Butter Cake with Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting

6 egg yolks
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 Tablespoons butter
3 cup flour

Mix yolks, 1/4 cup of the milk & vanilla. Put all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat in butter till like crumbs. Beat in remaining milk. Now slowly beat in egg yolk mixture. Beat till smooth. Pour into a greased & floured 9x13 pan & bake 350 degrees 25 -35 minutes. Poke holes in cake with an object about the diameter of a drinking straw. Pour Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting over warm cake. Smooth for an even finish.

Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag marshmallows
1teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
1/2 to 1 cup of light cream
2 cups powdered sugar
Microwave chocolate chips on 50% power till melted about 2 minutes. Stir 1/2 thru and again when melted to smooth. Add marshmallows & microwave full power till melted about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir till smooth. Now beat in cream & sugar till texture is frosting consistency. Add more or less as you prefer. Frost warm cake. Frosting will pool down in holes and smooth over the top. Delicious!



 

Friday, December 2, 2011

Sugar Cakes an Old Fashioned Christmas Cookie

Sugar Cakes, a very old recipe passed down in my family will be my next post ! I have them mixed up and chilling overnight! These are a big drop cookie topped with sugars & a raisin in the center but with a very unusual flavor that is reminiscent of Christmas long ago! I have not made these in a very long time; in fact I thought I had lost the recipe, but I came across it the other day when I was riffling through my recipes. I just had to mix them up ! I can NOT WAIT to share these with you ! If you want a HUGE sugary cakelike cookie with a twist look for these sometime tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment