Judy

Judy
Welcome to Recipes For Judys' Foodies

Golden Butter Cake with Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting

6 egg yolks
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon + 1 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 Tablespoons butter
3 cup flour

Mix yolks, 1/4 cup of the milk & vanilla. Put all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat in butter till like crumbs. Beat in remaining milk. Now slowly beat in egg yolk mixture. Beat till smooth. Pour into a greased & floured 9x13 pan & bake 350 degrees 25 -35 minutes. Poke holes in cake with an object about the diameter of a drinking straw. Pour Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting over warm cake. Smooth for an even finish.

Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag marshmallows
1teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
1/2 to 1 cup of light cream
2 cups powdered sugar
Microwave chocolate chips on 50% power till melted about 2 minutes. Stir 1/2 thru and again when melted to smooth. Add marshmallows & microwave full power till melted about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir till smooth. Now beat in cream & sugar till texture is frosting consistency. Add more or less as you prefer. Frost warm cake. Frosting will pool down in holes and smooth over the top. Delicious!



 

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A.J. Cunningham's "because I like it smooth" Spaghetti Sauce!

                                                                              

2 TBS. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Heaping TBS. Dried Chopped Onions
Dash or 2 of Crushed Red Pepper
1 tsp. Onion Powder
Salt, Pepper & Sugar to taste ( I used about 3 TBS. sugar & left out salt & pepper) do what suits you.
1 TBS Parsley Flakes
1 12 oz. Can Tomato Paste
1 29 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 15 oz. Can Italian Herb Tomato Sauce, ( I used Contadina for all my cans )

In my large dutch oven I put in the olive oil in with garlic & cooked over low until garlic  was soft. I then dumped in all my cans & then all the seasoning except the sugar. Cook over medium stirring often. After about 1 hour I tasted & then started adding sugar a little at time stirring & tasting until I had it where I wanted it to be. DELICIOSO !!!! I let this simmer on very low for another 2 hours. I think you could easily mix this up the night before, place in a crockpot in the morning on low & let it turn into magic while you go about your day. At first it took all I had to NOT add chopped onions, chunky tomatoes, mushrooms & peppers but I really wanted to try A. J.'s special sauce that people at work were RAVING about. So I refrained & SO GLAD I DID! This sauce is just AMAZING! It is so thick unbelievably thick & loaded with flavor! It also makes a big pot so you can have it again & with time I think the flavor can only be over the top! I still LOVE my chunky thick sauce but this sauce is so different from what I normally make & it is a wonderful change! A.J.'s sauce just SCREAMS for you to dip in a chunk of crusty bread & taste it & you bet I answered it's call!  I served this over spaghetti ( multi grain) & with the meatballs from my Bangin' Balls recipe February 2011 on this blog. I am sure you will find many other uses for A.J.'s masterpiece sauce ! THANK YOU FOR SHARING A.J.!

No comments:

Post a Comment